Subject: Re: the anim lib
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 10:56:30 +0100

Date sent: 20-JUN-1994 

>
>	Hi,
>		I've being having some funny effects using the
>	anim lib in blitz.
>	The anims do not seem to uncompact properly giving chunky
>	results with missing colours. I just was writing a small prog
>	that converts an anim file to a series of sterogram pics. 
>	(using the algorithm posted by Ramon Macia :) )
>		Then loading them back into dpaint for some interesting 
>	effects !
>
>		The first 2 frames are fine using initanim.
>		But NextFrame seem dodgy , I tryed compressed and
>		uncompressed anims.
>	Anyway I thought I got it to play an anim properly 6 mths ago
>	so this it bizarre I must be doing something wrong!
>		Oh well bye.
>			Brett

The animations are double buffered and are delta compressed.  This means that
you must make sure that you're showing the next frame of animtion on the
correct bitmap.  If you use the wrong bitmap the delta decompression will be
incorrect (delta compression stores the differences between frames in an
animation.  The compression in IFF Anims is wierd in that the data for the 3rd
frame in the anim holds the changes to get from the 1st frame to the 3rd - not
from the 2nd to the 3rd).

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images| Gripes : Blitz2 is too darn buggy    |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/340HD/6Mb/33FPU/Blitz        | ToolTypes Library  Workbench Library |
| A1200/170HD/6Mb/Blitz2             | [###############:] [#########::::::] |
|                                    | Current Project : RI Libs v3         |
| Steven Matty     : sis3147         | [##################################] |
| Stephen McNamara : sis3149         | Current Project : Map Editor         |
| @sisvax.sis.port.ac.uk             | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/